[lbo-talk] The Nation web site sabotaged?

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 20 06:42:00 PDT 2009

It sounds like what I got. This thing tried to download XP Antivirus software, which I stopped by disconnecting the machine. However, the maleware changed the Windows setting so it was no longer possible to access task manager. Furthermore, attempts to delete the maleware by legit antivirus programs proved unsuccessful.

One more question - is it possible to do pay these assholes back in some way? I am surprised that the USG and other authorities do so little to fight cyber crime. It produces far greater economic losses than the street crime, no?

Wojtek