[lbo-talk] Glenn Beck breaks down in tears, blubbers on-air AGAIN

Andy andy274 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 10:31:24 PDT 2009

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 4:16 AM, John Gulick <john_gulick at hotmail.com> wrote:

> John:
>
> I'm not stateside so I'm not on top of the electronic pundit beat, but here you make
> what is definitely an interesting observation. It relates to our earlier conversation on
> the various strands of the US right and their ideological inconsistencies and incoherences.
> I guess corporate welfare in the abstract is bad, but so too is concretely interfering
> with the right of management to steer the ship as they see fit. Actually there does
> seem to be some consistency and coherence there.

But what's interesting to me is also that these bonuses are supposed to retain talent. Now, you and I and they know that's a crock: they get it for the same reason a dog licks his balls. But to hear it from the populist end, that these geniuses deserve it for making their investors so much money (notwithstanding, like, insolvency) feels like a collective gaslighting.

-- Andy