[lbo-talk] how EFCA will be rendered meaningless

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 19:47:24 PDT 2009

michael perelman wrote:

> The Washington Post story says that chard check will not be included.
> Nor will the 120 day provision, but business will have an easier time
> decertifying unions. sounds good to me!

You're right. The details in the WP article are totally different from what's in the WSJ and Politico pieces:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/21/AR2009032101449.html?nav%3Dhcmodule&sub=AR

This is apparently the brainchild of Clinton's old lawyer Lanny Davis. Who adds this detail, hinting tantalizingly at the possibility that I might win my bet with Michael Pollak:

> Davis said he thought that the proposal would intrigue President
> Obama, who as a senator was a co-sponsor of the card-check bill in
> 2007 but signaled in an interview before his inauguration that he was
> also open to other proposals to help organized labor. "This is
> consistent with President Obama's overall approach of avoiding
> polarized positions and looking for third-way ideas," Davis said.

SA