[lbo-talk] Is Obama Running Interference to Protect Bankers' Pay?

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sun Mar 22 10:42:22 PDT 2009

>> The Obama administration will call for increased oversight
>> of executive pay at all banks, Wall Street firms and possibly
>> other companies as part of a sweeping plan to overhaul
>> financial regulation, government officials said...

Haven't we already found that this is a dumb idea? When they limited the deductability of pay to $1M, the use of options and "other compensation" exploded to make it _even murkier_ to find out what these people get paid.

Pay them in cash, let it show up on their W-2 like everyone else, and tax it hard. What's the big deal? How stupid can these people be?

/jordan