[lbo-talk] idiotic asshole of the day

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 23 13:37:37 PDT 2009

Doug Henwood wrote:
> Hi Doug,
>
> With the sudden, tragic death of actress Natasha Richardson, now many
> are questioning whether a medical helicopter could have saved her life.
>
> The province of Quebec lacks a medical helicopter system, common in
> the U.S. and now, many are wondering if the Canadian health care
> system contributed to Richardson's death. Would she have been better
> off in the U.S?
>
> National healthcare expert Grace-Marie Turner is available to speak
> about how the Canadian healthcare system may have failed Richardson
> and to discuss the differences between the American and Canadian
> healthcare.

Is the Galen Institute getting this desperate in their efforts to support the American model of health-care? Anyway I thought this person refused medical treatment for several hours which contributed more to her death than the lack of a helicopter. Why not invite this "expert" on and have invite someone else who isn't a shill to provide an intelligent counter-point?

John Thornton