[lbo-talk] Geithner clarifies

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Mar 23 13:35:54 PDT 2009

> saying we cannot do something because we are not France,
> or Sweden, or whatever, seems really ... boneheaded and
> stubbornly ideological, right now.

He's just saying it because so many other people (including Krugman) have been saying an equally boneheaded and stubbornly ideological thing: Sweden did it, so can we.

So it's a little of the "rubber/glue" ... but neither side makes sense.

A guy I used to work with used to say this to his group:

# "We're not going to do that. You know why? # Because we're _not going to do that_ ..."

/jordan