[lbo-talk] Geithner clarifies

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Mar 23 14:32:13 PDT 2009

Doug writes:

> In his interview with ABC News, Obama conceded that Sweden's approach
> was sensible. After his devious self-exculpation -
> they had like 5 banks, we have thousands, which is technically
> true, but not really relevant - he then disclosed the real
> reason. We're America, we're different. No need to make an
> argument - it just is.

So you're saying that when a guy like Chairman O goes on ABC News and gives a silly story for a complicated issue that you're ready to take him at face value, and not just that he's a politician?

Wow, I thought you were less cynical than that!

That reminds me of the Simpsons episode:

Janey: Are you going to marry a carrot, Lisa? Lisa: Hph... yeess, I'm going to marry a carrot. Janey: Huh! She admitted it, she admitted she was gonna marry a carrot!

http://download.lardlad.com/sounds/season7/vegetarian18.mp3

Or did you really think that ABC News is the right place to make a technical argument about why the Sweden Solution wouldn't work in this case?

I notice that you have had nothing to say to Michael's message about this issue:

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/lbo/Week-of-Mon-20090223/002952.html

/jordan