[lbo-talk] Is Obama Running Interference to ProtectBankers' Pay?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Mar 23 18:02:21 PDT 2009

On Mar 23, 2009, at 7:40 PM, Chris Doss wrote:

> The Internationale uses no moral language whatsoever. It's a purely
> scientific document.

<http://www.uv.es/~pla/red.net/intaoter.html>

The Internationale [variant words in square brackets]

Arise ye workers [starvelings] from your slumbers Arise ye prisoners of want For reason in revolt now thunders And at last ends the age of cant. Away with all your superstitions Servile masses arise, arise We'll change henceforth [forthwith] the old tradition [conditions] And spurn the dust to win the prize.

So comrades, come rally And the last fight let us face The Internationale unites the human race. So comrades, come rally And the last fight let us face The Internationale unites the human race.

No more deluded by reaction On tyrants only we'll make war The soldiers too will take strike action They'll break ranks and fight no more And if those cannibals keep trying To sacrifice us to their pride They soon shall hear the bullets flying We'll shoot the generals on our own side.

No saviour from on high delivers No faith have we in prince or peer Our own right hand the chains must shiver Chains of hatred, greed and fear E'er the thieves will out with their booty [give up their booty] And give to all a happier lot. Each [those] at the forge must do their duty And we'll strike while the iron is hot.