[lbo-talk] Geithner clarifies

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Mar 24 08:24:58 PDT 2009

Wojtek writes:

> You sound like arrogant technocrat who is "in the know"
> and does not even bother to speak to ignorant proles ...

The rest, as they say, deleted.

Dwayne writes:

> But on the other hand, there's Jordan, insisting that
> Wojtek's focus on power is pretty much irrelevant, this
> is a story about technical details alone.

I'm not saying it's irrelevant to the world; I'm saying it's irrelevant to the question being asked by, among others, Doug and Krugman: why not follow the Swedish Solution? Thus it is *they* and not *I* who "has the solution" -- I have that other thing: I think I know why Krugman and Doug are wrong.

---

I'm all for ADD-type thread hijacking, but going from Doug's snarky comment about the administration's invoking of American Exceptionalism to "being reminded of the plague" is really more than anyone should have to put up with.

/jordan