[lbo-talk] ciao, EFCA

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Tue Mar 24 19:03:14 PDT 2009

> <http://www.nationaljournal.com/congressdaily/cdp_20090324_9307.php>
>
> LABOR
> Specter Will Vote Against Cloture On Card-Check Measure
> Tuesday, March 24, 2009
>
> Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., announced this afternoon he will oppose
> invoking cloture on the Employee Free Choice Act, a decision that denies
> Democrats and labor unions a 60th vote to overcome a Republican
> filibuster. ..

The assertion of the subject line does not follow from his decision. The process could easily blow up in the Repugs. face. Anyhoo, looking forward to the exhaustion on both sides of the aisle; there ain't enough caffeine in DC to stop the slide of the kakistocracy into the Potomac.

I thought you got out of the prediction game when Dubya won...........twice.

Ian