[lbo-talk] Sara Jane Olson Released from Prison

ehrbar ehrbar at lists.econ.utah.edu
Fri Mar 27 15:11:58 PDT 2009

Here is some info which says that the the SLA was a police creation, from

http://www.disinfo.com/archive/pages/article/id1532/pg7/index.html

note this paragraph...

The family of slain SLA member Willie Wolfe hired Lake Headley--an ex-police intelligence officer who was chief investigator at Wounded Knee--to find out what had really happened. What he discovered, with fellow researchers Donald Freed and Rusty Rhodes, was that the SLA was part of the CIA's CHAOS program. In that context, they were planning to kill Black Panther leader Huey Newton and succeeded in killing black school superintendent Marcus Foster after he agreed to meet Panther demands for educational reforms.

(I was given this link by someone who has a long-lasting personal connection to Lake Headley but did not want his name used.)

Hans.

Hans G. Ehrbar http://www.econ.utah.edu/~ehrbar ehrbar at economics.utah.edu Economics Department, University of Utah (801) 581 7797 (my office) 1645 Campus Center Dr., Rm 308 (801) 581 7481 (econ office) Salt Lake City UT 84112-9300 (801) 585 5649 (FAX)