[lbo-talk] software question

Mike Beggs mikejbeggs at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 17:57:15 PDT 2009

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Max B. Sawicky <sawicky at verizon.net>wrote:

> You can do some kool stuff with Google spreadsheets/charts.
> For free.

I've been trying out the Google stuff and it's pretty good, with a nicer interface than OpenOffice. It's still a little nervewracking though that it goes offline and has trouble saving fairly often... it is only beta.

I agree that MS Office is the most friendly, stylish and reliable product, even though I run Ubuntu. But the thing that annoys me the most about Microsoft, like Wojtek, is the forced obsolescence and their proprietary bastardry... Back in the day using OpenOffice was like being the vegetarian at the dinner party - you're the nuisance and it was your responsibility to convert the files... but these days the new docx format causes all kinds of problems for normal Word users who just want to bring their documents home from work.

Mike Beggs