[lbo-talk] Anarchist Cookbook 2?

Politicus E. epoliticus at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 14:38:09 PDT 2009

Hi. I have also been thinking that a book in this spirit should be written. I think any new incarnation of the AC would have to emphasize urban tactics, especially counter-police techniques for mass formations. Importantly, a new edition should review the many US military field guides on tactics that they use against "civil disturbances." Someone could also very easily review the type of equipment utilized by anti-riot forces and possible counter-measures, etc., etc., by getting access to various Jane's publications. I read in the Army Times, not too long ago, that the US Army was nearing completion of a device for crowd control that emits a force which creates a very realistic burning sensation under a target's skin; the idea was to be able to disperse large groups of demonstrators at minimum cost, i.e., saving on expenditures for "tear gas." Maybe there needs to be a section on dealing with such tactics.

Perhaps it should be called "Field Guide for Mass Tactics to Counter Police Operations."

ep