[lbo-talk] How Obama took over the peace movement

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sat Mar 28 19:59:41 PDT 2009

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 22:42:45 -0400 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Mar 28, 2009, at 10:19 PM, Chris Doss wrote:
>
> > I know you don't want to hear this, but none of Afghanistan's
> > neighbors [China, Iran, Russia] want the US to leave.
>
> Who cares about what they think? What do you suppose Afghans think?

What Afghans think matters most, of course. Matters more than everything else put together.

But if what Chris says is so -- it's an interesting fact then, isn't it? Something worth pondering?

Even if all three of 'em are crazy about the US imperial adventure in that luckless land, it wouldn't change my own view, which is that anything that shoos us out of there with our tail on fire between our legs would be a Good Thing. But still, interesting is interesting.

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org