[lbo-talk] How Obama took over the peace movement

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun Mar 29 11:35:13 PDT 2009

[The world "embattled" is misused below -- but the article is good on why Obama continues to kill people in SW Asia. --CGE]

Liquid War: Postcard from Pipelineistan

by Pepe Escobar

What happens on the immense battlefield for the control of Eurasia will provide the ultimate plot line in the tumultuous rush towards a new, polycentric world order, also known as the New Great Game.

Our good ol' friend the nonsensical "Global War on Terror," which the Pentagon has slyly rebranded "the Long War," sports a far more important, if half-hidden, twin -- a global energy war. I like to think of it as the Liquid War, because its bloodstream is the pipelines that crisscross the potential imperial battlefields of the planet. Put another way, if its crucial embattled frontier these days is the Caspian Basin, the whole of Eurasia is its chessboard. Think of it, geographically, as Pipelineistan...

Full article at <http://www.commondreams.org/view/2009/03/25-1>.