[lbo-talk] Notes on an Orientation to the Obama Presidency

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Mar 31 18:56:52 PDT 2009

c b wrote:

> And, really, you don't think that Obama gets a break from liberals and
> leftists because of his blackness? There's just no question about it.
> You think Charles would be blanketing the Internet with apologetics
> for John Kerry?
>
> Doug

I haven't yet read Charles's reply below -- but Yes I think he would be "be blanketing the Internet with apologetics > for John Kerry" because the CP is committed to supporting the DP as the best available. I think that position is wrong for many reasons, but I don't think it grounded solely or even mostly in Obama's race. *** Now I've read Charles reply. My comment on that is that I do not criticize the enemy, which the U.S. President is ex officio; I oppose the enemy even while I might join in pressure to bring about certain policies on his part, but I neither praise nor condemn him as a person but only see him as the personification of all I want destroyed. I really think it silly to criticize him. Rather talkk about how we can organize to bring pressure on him -- that is, on the government, in respect to those polcies where we might have some leverage --if we forgot about the policies where we cannot possibly have leverage, yea or no (such as the bank bailout).

Carrol