[lbo-talk] 35 cent Ice Cream

WD mister.wd at gmail.com
Fri May 1 07:17:22 PDT 2009

> Dennis wrote:
> "This makes me want to ask if people have ideas or methods about how
> to temper kids becoming little shopping drones.  I don't want to rely
> on things like "get a job" or "you don't know the value of a dollar"
> but I do find those tapes running through my head before I reject
> them.  But so far I'm pretty ad-hoc about it.  It's hard because you
> don't want to be a grinch but I think as a parent you have to counter
> the marketing behemoth somehow."

There is also the environmental route: All this stuff, which we don't need, eventually ends up in a landfill;, we need to cut down trees and produce tons of toxic chemicals to make it; and the plastic stuff is all made out of oil. And oil, well...

My first is due in a few months, so this question has been on my mind a lot lately. It's been interesting to see the responses on Dennis's query.

-WD