[lbo-talk] Walk (or perhaps, motorbike) Everywhere or The Earth Will Die Screaming!

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri May 1 16:26:13 PDT 2009

Dwayne wrote:

>It's those assumptions I'm now eager to dissect like a middle school
>lab worm.

Be careful you don't get a hurricane or a tsunami sicced on you for your trifling:

http://www.diamondcutlife.org/being-a-good-lover/

This morning, on Earth Day, I'm seeing the earth as our lover. Think about it. The earth feeds and nurtures us, gives us beauty and delight and all manner of riches, and like all lovers, also frightens us with its power over us (think hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis).

But are we good lovers to the earth? A good lover is generous, seeking the other's pleasure and well-being. How are each of us giving back to the earth?