[lbo-talk] Doing Angela Crest

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sat May 2 19:06:22 PDT 2009

This is just a note of thanks to .d. for posting links on the US war machine and its networks of telecom satellites, C4, KU, robots, and electronic battlefield. I got so lost in time and space going through these and thinking about how the software and hardware is made, ... well in order to break it.I lost a whole afternoon. Looking forward to the next Terminator movie. Hope driving along the Angeles Crest was fun. I used to think it was a pretty nice drive. Thinking about .d. and Claxton powering through the curves... You guys left the girls with moms or were they in the back seat playing...?

Here's a funny LA kid story. City kid meets wilderness...

I can't remember for sure, if that's the same road, but my dad used to take me fishing out there. He had an old four door Packard, just like the ones in the B crime thrillers... One time, I jumped out of the back seat, opened the car door, pretended to take a few bullets from Bogard or Cagney in my escape, and then rolled my `dead' body down about a couple of hundred feet of steep gravel. There I laid, spread eagle awkwardly. The particular place looked just like one I saw in a movie...

When I think about this now, I must have scared my father half to death.....

CG