[lbo-talk] liberal austerity (cont.)

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed May 6 10:52:20 PDT 2009

On Wed, 6 May 2009, SA wrote:

> Michael, you seem to be holding out the hope that Obama/Dems will dig in
> their heels and insist on focusing solely on (1).

Nope. I'm just saying all SS needs is a little fiddling to stay solvent. And this quote from Steny sounds like that's all they intend to do: a little fiddling (while blustering that they've accomplished something big). I have no hopes that things will get better in this department. But I see no evidence in this quote for a scary boogeyman on the horizon.

You and Doug seem to be fearing that a massive austerity program is about to be foisted on us. And see this as evidence for it. I think it's only evidence if you've already accepted the accused is guilty.

Michael