[lbo-talk] How many earths

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Thu May 7 11:28:34 PDT 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net>wrote:

> I saw The Examined Life last night. It's directed by Astra Taylor... SNIP
>
> Another favorite line for me was from Avital Ronell, who I didn't know
> before this movie. She says "If you have a good conscience, then you're
> worthless."
>
> Here's a bit from an interview with Taylor:
>
> http://www.nplusonemag.com/time-real

It sounds like something I'm going to have to see... though, my favorite line from the interview is on Judith Butler, "She's like a combination of Richard Lewis and Mark E. Smith."... what an image, perhaps especially because while I get his schtick I don't find Richard Lewis very funny (in either a haha or the ooooohhhh way) and the worst rock show I ever saw was put on by a pissy and utterly pissed Mark E. Smith (after Brix, my affection for The Fall fell fast, anyway).