[lbo-talk] Mao, Mao, Mao Tse-Tung, Dare to Struggle, Dare to Win!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun May 10 10:27:38 PDT 2009

This seems accurate. As it happened, I never met anyone from the CWP and can't comment on it. The "confusing" part of it was the mental gymnastics its adherents had to go through to fit all situations into the theory. In the mid-70s we in B/N were with a west-coast group called The New Voice. It at least did not try to jam u.s. rality into a version of the Worker-Peasnt theology of the CPC, but it id swallow China's foreign policy completely, and this often led to pretty weird gymnastics. The October League/CPML (Klonsky) really pushed a "United Front" strategy, copying the Chinese, and that led to real problems of finding an equivalent of the Chinese peasantry in the U.S. Jan & I knew people from the Sojourner Truth Organization, and we picked up their rejection of the United Front strategy.

Carrol