[lbo-talk] Query re study of suicide bombing

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon May 11 06:43:26 PDT 2009

Churches are themselves institutions of power and coexist with secular powers, sometimes allying with them, sometimes being subordinate to them, and sometimes in conflict with them. People have got to get this dogma (he he), born from a particular period in the history of Europe, that chutches are in every case appendages of the state out of their heads.

I mean, the Russian Orthodox Church pronounced Peter the Great Antichrist, as a result of which he gutted the Church (using his secular state power) and had the church bells melted down and remade into cannons.