[lbo-talk] this quasi-depression is so depressing

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon May 11 18:36:25 PDT 2009

[Stay at home and make s'mores? I'm going to die. Horrifying press release of the day.]

Hello:

With the economic state these days, many families just can't afford to spend money on a Summer vacation. We've got some fabulous tips and ideas for those folks that are choosing a "staycation" instead this year.

Let me know if you're interested in participating! Kailee

***INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITY*** TUESDAY, MAY 19, 2009 7:00 - 11:00 AM (EASTERN)

Staycation

According to a recent national survey, nearly 60 percent of Americans have considered replacing a traditional vacation with a stay-at-home vacation this year. Citing reasons such as the expense of vacationing or having less money saved (45.4 percent), more than 70 percent of Americans said they are concerned about being able to afford the expense of vacation in 2009.

Our host, Jen Singer, contributor for GoodHousekeeping.com, blogger of MommaSaid.net and author of the Stop Second Guessing Yourself parenting book series, will offer suggestions to help families turn their stay-at-home vacation into an affordable, fun backyard getaway complete with tents, a warm campfire and delicious campfire treats.

What your listeners will learn: * Ways to convert your backyard into a ‘staycation’ destination and treating it as a traditional vacation; * Making your area authentic; * Capturing memories; * Creating cook-out classics and more…

To book a window with Jen, please contact Kailee @ Green Room PR ...

Courtesy: The Hershey Company and Kraft Foods