[lbo-talk] The Sixties and Platonic Farts

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue May 12 13:45:10 PDT 2009

On May 12, 2009, at 4:38 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> That is what I mean by a Platonic Fart. Criticism of Mao for
> creating an
> authoritarian state is just as accurate -- and just as nonsensical. It
> is a Platonic Fart.

Since you never know what's going to happen, no point in studying history to learn from past errors. Let's all just live in the eternal present and hope for the best, when we're not falling prey to neurochemically induced despair. Everything's different every time anyway. Ok, that simplifies things.

Doug