[lbo-talk] the epigenenome

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Wed May 13 13:34:03 PDT 2009

On May 13, 2009, at 12:35 PM, Sheldon wrote:

> Note to self: plan to have a family famine in about ten years.

Well, it certainly fascinated me personally because during the same period I remember being chronically hungry. The reason was a lot of moving around and changing places.

It's probably coincidence, but my grandson who is constantly tormented by his older sister in stable domestic bliss, seems completely unphased by the rough treatment.

While the study was based on famine, other studies note environmental stress as triggers for changes in the epigenenome.

I am working through an overview from current Russian work in the same area of research. Their motivation is of course partly a rehabilitation of environmental conditioning as a factor in evolution. Well, and also an endless grudge match with the West.

CG