[lbo-talk] the epigenenome

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri May 15 06:44:54 PDT 2009

OK. Let me state this again. A mutation takes place in a gene, in a cell, in an individual organism. Unless the organism reproduces, the mutant gene will not be passed on to future generations. Mutations do not affect all members of the species simultaneously. Why is this controversial? I am baffled.

"Heart attacks occur at the level of the individual." "No they don't, they occur at the level of the heart." "A heart which is in an individual." "But the individual is a member of a species, so therefore heart attacks occur at the level of the species!"