[lbo-talk] the epigenenome

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri May 15 11:56:31 PDT 2009

I don't think anybody has denied that species is a level of selection (actually, I would guess that selection occurs at a level more general than species as well since different species share the same traits). This whole pseudodispute started when Miles said that selection does not take place (at all) on the level of the individual.

I think Miles hates the idea that individuals are important. This theme is present in this, in the notion that beliefs don't matter, AND in the "animals don't have empathy" position. It's a clear common thread. ;)