[lbo-talk] Nancy Pelosi, another legacy of the UFW

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Fri May 15 17:01:13 PDT 2009

At 11:04 AM -0500 15/5/09, Carrol Cox wrote:

>The Dems are nnot gutless ar all; they prove that year after year by
>risking electoral defeat in their courageous defense of capitalism and
>of u.s. aggression around the world. They are courageous and principled
>defenders of a vicious system.

Oh come on, why flatter them? If they were courageous and principled they would plainly advocate their principles. They would clearly explain to the American voter what they are defending, instead of prattling on about defending human rights and so forth. They would honestly explain that they despise these notions and why.

You have to grant that Dick Cheney is such a courageous and principles politician. He stands up for what he believes in. He hates the rule of law and sought to dismantle it. It appears he has succeeded.

The same cannot be said for Obama. Either way. If he really does believe in the rule of law, then by continuing on with the Guantonamo kangaroo courts he shows doesn't have the guts to put it into practice. If he doesn't believe in the rule of law, then he didn't have the guts to say so.

Either way, he is gutless. Courageous and principled does not apply, you are simply wrong.

As for this Pelosi joker, he claim to be completely ignorant of the Bush war crimes is absolutely ludicrous. But it is hardly "courageous and principled" to pretend ignorance. It is utterly gutless and disgusting, it makes me ill to listen to such pathetic excuses.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas