[lbo-talk] MJ Akbar on the Indian election results

Michael McIntyre morbidsymptoms at gmail.com
Tue May 19 09:53:44 PDT 2009

M. J. Akbar has done some good stuff, but in the context of West Bengal he has always been a spokesman for the anti-communist bhadralok. It's not clear that he has the data to show that there was a larger-than-normal defection from the CPI(M)/LF among rural Bengali Muslims (I bet he doesn't). And he certainly has no data to support any kind of causal inference. He's not always a wanker, but he is here.

MM