[lbo-talk] Poll rout leaves India's communists a spent force

Michael McIntyre morbidsymptoms at gmail.com
Wed May 20 08:34:56 PDT 2009

Too many red herrings to count, pol: my ego, my dick, regression analysis... Here's the deal. I've been following India's politics for over twenty years now. I've been trying to come to terms with Gramsci in a serious way for almost as long, culmiating last year in a close reading of Buttigieg's three volumes. You don't know squat about India or Gramsci, so trivial journalistic exercises impress you. And your ignorance gives youthe luxury of pronouncement without the constraints of detailed knowledge or political responsibility. I know enough to know that I should shut the fuck up about the failings of India's left and try to learn more. MM