[lbo-talk] Irish priests beat, raped children

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri May 22 05:03:11 PDT 2009

While "mental disorder" is a term and concept that arises out of medical practice/history, I don't think it has much to do with what individuals find arousing or repulsive. This is based on their socialization within an immediate, relatively small, group (expanding in size as communications technology increases). In the group in which virtually all people are socialized, the acceptable objects of sexual desire are adults of the opposite sex who are not in your family group.

I also think that 46% percent of men having sexual attraction to other men is nonsense. Maybe if by "sexual attraction" is meant "the idea occasional pops into one's head that Bob is pretty good-looking," which is not the same thing as "wanting to get all sweaty with Bob."