[lbo-talk] Irish priests beat, raped children

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Fri May 22 10:38:04 PDT 2009

On May 22, 2009, at 12:42 PM, Chris Doss wrote:

> Which is precisely why a 40-year-old man who has sex with a 17-year-
> old is considered a slimeball/awesomely lucky/really really drunk,
> whereas a 40-year-old man who has sex with an 8-year-old girl is
> considered a sick fuck.

Okay, fine ;-), but we don't lock up people (at least pretend not to) for being sick fucks. How I read Joanna's point is that if your response (and more importantly, solution) is imprisonment, then you have to start thinking about the large number of men guilty of sex with children (underage) . You don't want to call them children, then call them minors, whatever. WFMe. It's still illegal (with Wojtek's caveats included).

--ravi