[lbo-talk] Dreyfus: Supposed Terror Plot Against NY Synagogues Is Bogus

Bhaskar Sunkara bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
Sat May 23 15:42:53 PDT 2009

Some of the points may be valid, but why is their a choir of agreemnt with this point:

"The story strengthens the narrative that the "homeland" is under attack. It's not. As I've written repeatedly, since 9/11 not a

single American has even been punched in the nose by an angry Muslim[...]"

So are we pretending that reactionary Islamist forces do not pose a terorrist threat to the United States, and the world at large? Are we forgetting about the victims, which included Americans, have the spat of terrorist attacks around the world since 9/11, Madrid, London, etc?