[lbo-talk] Pakistani Taliban claim responsibility for Lahore attack

Sujeet Bhatt sujeet.bhatt at gmail.com
Wed May 27 23:49:31 PDT 2009

http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSISL35626520090528

Reuters

Pakistani Taliban claim responsibility for Lahore attack Thu May 28, 2009 2:28am EDT

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (Reuters) - Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility on Thursday for a suicide gun and bomb attack in the city of Lahore the previous day that killed 24 people and wounded nearly 300.

"We have achieved our target. We were looking for this target for a long time. It was a reaction to the Swat operation," a militant commander, Hakimullah Mehsud, told Reuters by telephone from undisclosed location, referring to an army offensive in the Swat region.

(Reporting by Alamgir Bitani; Writing by Kamran Haider; Editing by Robert Birsel)

-- My humanity is in feeling we are all voices of the same poverty. - Jorge Louis Borges