[lbo-talk] California could be the first state to cut student aid while hiking fees

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Fri May 29 23:30:10 PDT 2009

``If that goes, it will take decades to rebuild (just ask Russia)...'' DRR

It will go, and it will not be rebuilt.

``Can someone please explain to me what Team Obama is doing about this?''

They are doing exactly nothing, just like GM. Liquidate and let the poor sort it out. They are worried about the banks and if the bankers are happy. That is all.

``If the states fall apart, the downturn worsens exponentially -- consumer demand goes into another tailspin, another $1.5 trillion of otherwise solvent car, house, student and credit card debt goes bust, the zombie banks become super-zombies, foreign creditors start heading for the exits..''

First they don't see it. And second, They don't understand it. They will walk straight into the abyss and wonder why they have the strange sensation of falling. Then, they will deny there is anything wrong.

Falling is natural. We mustn't be afraid. We mustn't be afraid of losing our place to live, we mustn't be afraid to beg for food, we mustn't be afraid to watch our children's lives die before them, we must have faith that the American way is best. And as the darkness gathers around us, as we begin to feel the cold bite of death in our guts where the blood is draining away, we must keep up our spirit and find comfort that the vicious motherfuckers who proformed this miracle of our death, are going to survive, and that is the best of all worlds.

``Are they too busy typing IOUs to ghostly rentiers in the Overlook Hotel, while the fiscal storm rages outside?''

Yes.

We now have the charming experience of getting to watch as the merry dance of death parades before us for our pleasure and entertainment. Like Kathy Kollwitz, we clutch our child of all possible futures as if there was one.

CG