[lbo-talk] Chilling Parallels (Between Christian and Islamic Fundamentalists)

Ismail Lagardien ilagardien at yahoo.com
Sat May 30 10:24:41 PDT 2009

Most people on this list are, I suspect, familiar with the similarities between Christian and Muslim Fundamentalism... I found this online while searching for stuff to use in the course I am designing, Islam and the Muslim World in International Relations.

There are some chilling parallels between Christian and Islamic fundamentalists. Both divide the world between believers and unbelievers, and by deciding for themselves who is saved and who is damned, they think that they can play God with our lives. Both have also declared war on the secular culture of liberal democracy, the most peaceful and prosperous means of social organization ever devised by humankind. They both reject the separation of church and state and would set up governments based on their own views of divine laws.

http://www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/parallels.htm

Aluta Continua!