[lbo-talk] [WTF] More than 10% of Texans currently wanted bypolice

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun May 31 21:56:54 PDT 2009

Jordan says there are more people in jail in the U.S. because there is a higher incidence of violent crime.

Then why aren't all the U.S. soldiers fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan in jail? And the generals?

I'd call what's happening in Iraq and Iran "violent crime."

If you have a system where some people go to jail when others, doing the same thing, don't, then I don't see how we can talk about prisons being in any way connected to justice.

Joanna