[lbo-talk] More Who

brad bauerly bbauerly at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 14:07:27 PST 2009

Richard writes>To do so would be
>to drive up the costs of labour considerably and deprive the ruling class
>(including that wing allied with the Democratic Party) of a very important
>method of social control.

How so? Wouldn't it drive down the cost of labour by increasing competition? Does capitalism really need other forms of social control besides the ownership of the means of production and the sympathy/protection of the state (I am not saying that it hasn't used other forms, but whether it needs them or not)?

Brad