[lbo-talk] more "who"

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 1 18:33:08 PST 2009

In my 9 years on this list, I don't think I've ever seen Marxpope actually make an argument. Marxpope just kind of states stuff and refers to other people who have supposedly made the arguments for Marxpope. Then, if you have not read the arguments written by the other people but which Marxpope cannot reproduce himself, he declares you anathma.

----- Original Message ---- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Mon, November 2, 2009 4:35:13 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] more "who"

On Nov 1, 2009, at 8:19 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Doug Henwood wrote:
>>
>>> I live in a neighborhood where it's more real than spectacular. Should
>> I tell my neighbors that they're phantasms?
>
> Is that an argument or a grunt? And if it is an argument, what is it an
> argument for?

My first reaction is a simple "fuck you." My second is that that's not terribly constructive. So I'll say, as I did earlier in the post in a passage you cut, that there's now a substantial black professional/managerial class in the U.S., one that didn't exist a generation ago. To which I add: fuck you.