[lbo-talk] do people still read post-structuralism?

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Mon Nov 2 14:32:35 PST 2009

On Nov 2, 2009, at 12:44 PM, Asad Haider wrote:

> the most jargon-laden and obscurantist
> bourgeois philosophical fashion of the day

Because it's an 'academic' left?

There seems to be a more practical left. The local movie house in Saint Helens OR., is featuring Moore's 'Capitalism' and 'Zombieland'. (Its an old single screen theater, with balcony seats for an extra buck). We watched 'Capitalism' Sat nite during 'trick or treat' time, and there were only a few viewers. It was pretty straight forward re jargon. The wife thought that it was frightening. But since I had been reading Greg Palast 'armed madhouse', I found Moore rather tepid. Palast didn't strike me as particularly obscurant.

I sort of like the challenging jargon sometimes. It helps me learn how to get value from this laptop.

martin