[lbo-talk] more "who"

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Mon Nov 2 18:36:35 PST 2009

At 09:25 PM 11/2/2009, Doug Henwood wrote:

>On Nov 2, 2009, at 8:39 PM, Chuck Grimes wrote:
>
>>My problem was tracking down a guy like Tim Wise and
>>wondering why bother with this guy?
>
>Tim Wise doesn't matter. The Ford Foundation doesn't matter, even when
>it buys of some once-decent leftists. All those campus groups like
>Catalyst don't matter. You can make a long list of things that don't
>matter. What is the actual left that really matters, then?
>
>Doug

probably if you hadn't shut down after that sentence, you might have found Chuck providing something of answer since what he wrote precisely afterward was this:

On the other hand, with a whole fleet of organization `experts' earning a living doing consultant gigs I can see the reason to point them out.

It turns out that I am familiar with this phenomenon from another angle. A similar devolution of a once upon a time disability rights politics took place here, over time.