[lbo-talk] U.S. Working-Class Political Incapacity

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Nov 4 09:51:51 PST 2009

The incapacity of the U.S. Working Class for political action and the barriers to development of political capacity may be summarized in two phrases:

Innere Cities

Prioson Population (Black and Latino)

Until those barriers are smashed there will be no major political upsurge on the part of the U.S. Working Class. "Wages" in Marx's Wages, Price and Profit may be generalized as the "material and cultural fitness of the Working Class," has become one mass of wrteches unfit for any higher struggle.

Carrol

P.S. I assume of course the principle Miles has over and over again argued, : Changes in consciousness FOLLOW rather than precde changes in social conditions. I personally doubt that serious political thought is possible except within the framework of this recognition.