[lbo-talk] do people still read post-structuralism?

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 13:13:05 PST 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ted Winslow wrote: Individuals who embrace both the idea that there is no truth and the idea that the truth is necessarily mathematical make, as Whitehead said in another context, "an interesting subject for study".

^^^^^^^^ CB: The answer to this riddle is trivially that there is no mathematical truth, (either; which makes math a whole lot easier than we thought). Nothing is true, including math.

This is sort of the opposite of the idea "in classical logic (as well as intuitionistic logic and most other logics), that contradictions entail everything. This curious feature, known as the principle of explosion or ex contradictione sequitur quodlibet (“from a contradiction, anything follows”) ?" Everything is true.

(smile)

^^^^^

Jeffrey Fischer replied:

I like Whitehead and all, but who are these people?

Sadly, I must admit to being one of these strangelings.

So much so that as a child in ghetto lederhosen I wrote a self-published comic book titled MathaDox! The No Truth Yet, Paradoxically Truth Via Math Man: An interesting case study.

Hopes were high for a blockbuster on the order of "Iron Man" but for some reason, it didn't pan out. My next effort, "M.I.G.E.R 94: the radioactive man tiger" (The speed and strength of a tiger! The ruthless intelligence of a mad man! Powered By plutonium!) sold much better.

Perhaps Monroe Comix will self-publish a super match up between MathaDox (back by somewhat popular demand!) and M.I.G.E.R. 94.

.d.