[lbo-talk] a question for our technical savants - obsolete OS's???

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 18:05:39 PST 2009

SA wrote:

There's an out-of-print CD-ROM I want to use that apparently only runs on Windows 98. (It's the complete edition of the Haldeman Diaries.) Being a man of my time, I naturally don't run Windows 98 on my laptop; I run Vista. Is there such thing as, like, a software program or something that could somehow allow me to run this CD-ROM on my computer?

Windows Vista includes a feature called the Program Compatibility Wizard.

Chances are good you'll be able to run your ancient, Win98 program using this widget.

Here's Microsoft's guide:

<http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows>

.d.