[lbo-talk] Conversation with Derrida

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 5 06:35:28 PST 2009

I just realized that, using Heartfieldian Cricket Magazine logic, I can prove that Heidegger was a democrat.

As James as already proven beyond the ability of even the most skeptical critic to doubt, Heidegger, rather than actually calling democracy "democracy" like any other person would, uses a secret codeword, which is "the they" or, as some people might call it, "das Man." Now, this is where Heidegger gets really sneaky. Anybody who has read Being and Time, or even a decent synopsis, knows that das Man is an inherent feature of human being. You can no more avoid das Man than you can avoid occupying space. So, what Heidegger was doing was acting as a secret mole within the Nazi Party, disseminating the notion that democracy is the natural, inescapable form of government, any attempt to establish a nondemocratic system being futile.

Of course, the only person who would believe this twaddle would be somebody who really, really wanted to believe it, but that is the point.