[lbo-talk] Conversation with Derrida

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 5 08:54:08 PST 2009

No, I don't think James even knows the fundamental premises. I doubt he knows what phenomenological bracketing is.

----- Original Message ---- From: Somebody Somebody philos_case at yahoo.com

Somebody: This sounds rather like Terry Eagleton complaining that since Richard Dawkins isn't well versed in theology he can't have anything important to say about religion. Of course, his reply was that if you successfully refute the fundamental premises of a field, it's not necessary to study it's particulars. For that matter, this is the same issue with what Chris Doss has been saying about James Heartfield.