[lbo-talk] How radical was Derrida? (was 'does anyone read poststructuralism anymore?')

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 7 13:16:52 PST 2009

Anyway, Ted's whole argument is the classic Moral Argument for the Existence of God*, which is invalid, and which has been known for hundreds of years to be invalid, unless you adopt an idealist/realist metaphysics, the adoption of which would have to be argued for first before making the moral argument and which I doubt either Marx, Husserl, or St. Whitehead would accept.

*I.e. universal moral judgments require an objective moral criterion, and this we all call god.