[lbo-talk] How radical was Derrida? (was 'does anyone read poststructuralism anymore?')

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Nov 7 14:59:27 PST 2009

Henry IV,1 (3.1):

* Glendower. I can call spirits from the vasty deep.

* Hotspur (Henry Percy). Why, so can I, or so can any man;

But will they come when you do call for them?

* Glendower. Why, I can teach you, cousin, to command

The devil.

* Hotspur (Henry Percy). And I can teach thee, coz, to shame the devil

By telling truth: tell truth and shame the devil.

If thou have power to raise him, bring him hither,

And I'll be sworn I have power to shame him hence.

O, while you live, tell truth and shame the devil!

* Mortimer. Come, come, no more of this unprofitable chat...