[lbo-talk] How radical was Derrida? (was 'does anyone read poststructuralism anymore?')

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Sat Nov 7 19:13:21 PST 2009

Chris Doss wrote:
> If they do work, then witches are real, in which case Ted's argument just fell apart entirely.

This makes no sense to me. Witches (just like any social group) exist in a society if people identify themselves and others as legitimate members of that social group according to their local cultural standards. Whether or not their actions "work" according to some outsider's standards is irrelevant.

Miles